Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Cupcake Birthday

I used the Mojo Monday 485 sketch, as my starting point for today's card.  One of the disadvantages to taking a hiatus from paper crafting is that I have all of these fabulous supplies, but sadly they are out of date.  Some of my stash I've passed on to my two oldest daughters, who also love to create, but I'm to cheap to completely get rid of it all and start over.  So, I've challenged myself to use it up before I buy more.  Today's card comes out of that effort.  I love the Enchanted Collection 6x6 paper pad from Bo Bunny.  It's black and white, and I love the flourishes and details to the paper.  However, I discovered that while I love it, I find it hard to use.  I really struggled with pairing it with some color so it would have some contrast.  I finally decided that pink was the color I wanted to use.  It helped that I had the great ruffle trim in Strawberry Slush.  I decided to "frost" the cupcakes using Stickles, because I love a little glimmer and shine.

Supplies used:
Paper - Enchanted Collection - Bo Bunny, Uncommon Collection - Authentique
Ink - Tuxedo Black - Memento
Stamps - Crazy for Cupcakes - Stampin Up!, Card Word Puzzle - Close to My Heart
Ribbon - Strawberry Slush Ruffle Trim - Stamping Up!, Cotton Candy Divine Twine
Markers - Bic, Copic
Embellishments - Diamond Stickles, Flower and button - Close to My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment